ISC welcomes individual volunteers and large service groups to be part of our seniors’ lives.
We have many opportunities for you to help on weekdays between 8 am and 4 pm. We enjoy working with regular volunteers as well as groups performing one-time service projects. Please contact us today to see how you can make a difference!
If you have a special skill, please share it! Here are just a few of the ways ISC volunteers help seniors:
- Teaching an English or Spanish class (no teaching degree required)
- Leading a dance or music class
- Serving meals at lunchtime and parties
- Hosting a multicultural holiday celebration
Your particular talent or experience is welcome here! You don’t have to be perfect to be a perfect ISC volunteer.
To learn more about becoming an ISC volunteer please call our office at (402) 933-2643. You may also download our volunteer form here
Everyday Needs List
- Nutritious, shelf-stable foods for our food pantry, in particular dried beans, rice, soups, and canned fruits and vegetables
- Toiletries such as shampoo, soap, lotion, toothpaste, and toothbrushes
- Notebooks, pens, and pencils
- Books and magazines at all reading levels
- Arts and crafts materials, especially fabric and sewing supplies
The Intercultural Senior Center believes that elders deserve wellness, empowerment, and wisdom.
ISC improves the quality of seniors’ lives through high-quality programs and services in a respectful, culturally diverse environment. We are the only senior center in our community that actively welcomes seniors from around the world, creating a place of belonging where seniors can thrive.
Your tax-deductible donation makes seniors’ lives more vibrant by providing:
$10 Healthy snacks for one senior for one month
$25 One case management session with a licensed social worker
$50 One senior’s daily transportation contribution for one month
$100 One month of wellness checks for one senior to monitor chronic health conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure
$500 One month of daily Zumba and Tai-Chi classes for all seniors at ISC
The Intercultural Senior Center is a 501(c)3 public charity (tax ID #27-2460810)